Is it about time we had s'more Oughtred Fan Club stuff?

Discussion about items we used to offer for sale to site visitors.

Moderators: Mike, nick

Is it about time we had s'more Oughtred Fan Club stuff?

Postby James McMullen » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:09 pm

It's been quite a while since there was any swag to show our solidarity as fans of Iain Oughtred's boats. What do you guys think of working out a new t-shirt or hat design? I would suggest that whatever it is that we donate any of the proabably meager profits to the host of this site to help him pay for providing this forum for us.

I am kinda partial to the somewhat stylized drawing that I use for my avatar. . .though I may be bit biased. :lol: But I'll offer it in consideration if anyone thinks they might like a hat or something with a logo derived from it.

Anyone else got other ideas to put forward? I'd like to see 'em!
Good decisions are gained with experience, which is gained through bad decisions. . . . . .
James McMullen

Re: Is it about time we had s'more Oughtred Fan Club stuff?

Postby Captsct » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:24 am

When I saw the post title I immediately thought of your avitar logo. I would definitely go for either or both hat/shirt. Would you need to get the Masters permission?
Captain of a ferry boat, NOT a fairy captain!
Captsct

Postby jdanner » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:48 am

Sounds like a good idea James, have already got something worked up? Would you share your avatar image so that others could play with it?

Sail and Oar forever!
Jim
jdanner

Postby James McMullen » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:47 am

Any of you are certainly free to take that avatar image and do what you will with it. I'll see if I can find the original bigger image and upload it to my Webshots page.

What it is is a simplified and stylized trace I made starting with a photo of my old Ness Yawl Dragonfly,using a sharpie marker to pick out the major lines and distilling it down to a more graphic black/white image. That's actually my dad and my brother inside, which tickles me for sentimental reasons.

But I'd really like to see some other ideas and options too if anyone has some. There's no reason we can't have more to choose from.
Good decisions are gained with experience, which is gained through bad decisions. . . . . .
James McMullen

Return to Stuff we used to sell on this website