Again, Draco is available

This Forum is a place to post if you have boating related items that you need to find or want to pass on. I only ask that once you make contact, that you take the discussion off line to complete and that once completed you post that the item is no longer active.

As usual, caveat emptor, I will take no responsibility for items posted here. If I see something posted that is clearly "off topic", I will delete it immediately.

Moderators: Mike, nick

Again, Draco is available

Postby Tony » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi everyone,
I bought "Draco" from John Merrell in the fall of 2012, after he purchased her from Ernie Fasse. She's been in my garage on her special trailer ever since, still pristine. John sailed her four times, as I recall. Everything is there, including sails, oars and the complete rig. I will make some more photos and post them, but the ones in the previous post by Ernie Fasse are essentially she appears now.

My main home is in the mountains of north Georgia, and good sailing lakes are within 1.5 hours or so but I haven’t used her due to other activities and concerns and having an Island Packet 485 on the coast to draw my time. I would like to sail her but just haven’t gotten around to it. John took good very care of the boat, and everything is in bristol condition. I have sold the IP-485 which I owned since new, and recently agreed to buy a new and much smaller Catalina 355 to cruise the Gulf again. So that’s where my time will go.

I paid John $10,000 for the boat, sails and trailer and another $1,000 for her dandy little Honda 2hp 4 stroke, air cooled motor (which he bought new, and which I run occasionally just to keep it in good shape). It sits in a well near the helm position. I’d like to get that investment back, since there’s been zero deterioration and depreciation and probably some appreciation. You know what a new, complete and properly finished CY would demand, I’m sure. I know of no other like her on the market.

Tony
tonycole@windstream.net
Tony

Re: Again, Draco is available

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi all,
I just noticed that Ernie's photos of Draco are no longer on the web. I have posted some of them http://boats.the-duncans.com/cyforum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=852 There are others to see if you are interested.
Cheers,
Mike
Mike Duncan
Mike
Site Admin

Return to Swap Meet (Looking for, Trade Or Sell)