how to send messages?

To join the discussion on this site you will need to register. Please read here first. Also details on how you can help support the site, and updates on technical issues. Please also place questions or difficulties with using this forum here.

Moderators: Mike, nick

how to send messages?

Postby RosieG » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:04 am

Hi - I joined awhile ago but - grad school and caring for a parent called most of my attention, to the point that I had to make a new password when I signed in. I'd like to be able to send messages, not sure how to contact the administrator to ask for that. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
RosieG

Re: how to send messages?

Postby Mike » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:25 pm

Hi RosieG,

You did the right thing to contact me. Are you asking about sending private messages to other users or something different? I'll check the permissions, but I seem to recall that private messages are turned off.

Cheers,
Mike
Mike Duncan
Mike
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi,
Yes, private messages are turned off. As I recall, the reason they are turned off is that the site is not all that secure and Nick and I did not want to leave an email portal open for spammers to use. The next time that I do a major system upgrade I will look at opening up private messages.

Best regards,
Mike
Mike Duncan
Mike
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:30 pm

If you need to contact someone directly, let me know who and if that person okays it, I will send you their email address.
Mike Duncan
Mike
Site Admin

Return to Joining this site, support and technical issues